Within easy reach of New Ross
Outside of immediate area local attractions around New Ross there are a huge number of diverse attractions all within an hour’s drive.
- The Hook Lighthouse and Peninsula – the world’s oldest continuous lighthouse it’s been in operation since the 13th century. Don’t forget to check out Lofus Hall which is close by.
- For shopping and culture it’s hard to beat Wexford town. A busy nightlife with plenty of good restaurants and world class event theatre in the Wexford Opera House awaits you. Wexford Arts Centre is also a hive of cultural activity.
- Waterford City is the home of world renowned Waterford Crystal, and Reginalds Tower which hosts an exhibition on Viking Waterford.
- Kilkenny City is well worth a visit. Attractions include Kilkenny Castle and the Dunmore Caves.
- The Irish National Heritage Park is one of the country’s top tourism sites with 35 acres of recreated history from ringforts, Viking houses and crannog’s. A lot of hand’s one activities are on site as well.
- Johnstown Castle and Irish Agricultural Museum are set within mature woodlands and lakes. A beautiful relaxing place to visit on any day.
- Dunbrody Famine Ship and Irish Emigration Experience is one of the most visited sites in the country. This replica 19th Century three-masted 176ft sailing ship has a great intrepretive centre alongside it.
- Saltees Islands – beautiful, stunning and teaming with wildlife.
- Whilst is New Ross why not enjoy the waterway on board the Galley Cruising Restaurant
Bus – www.buseireann.ie Bus stop at the Quays New Ross (3 minutes from Marina).
Train – Nearest Stations Wexford (36km), Waterford (23km) www.irishrail.ie